Thursday, September 24, 2009

Rosmarino della Piazza, Elvira


Heeellooo everybody! I know I haven’t posted anything for quite some time. But it’s been a busy summer, what can I say? Just working off those kilos I gained while trying out all those new restaurants… but some were definitely worth the calories. The men reading this post are probably thinking “what on earth is she talking about?” but you ladies know what I mean. The point is if you’re going to “sin” then the calories better be worth it! So today’s post is all about the Italian restaurant, “Rosmarino della Piazza” in Elviria. And I am happy to say that the food at this restaurant is spectacular! It’s located in the shopping centre of “Pinares de Elvira”, next to the highway. Now I must confess that when we first sat down outside on their terrace, I thought to myself, “ugg I can hear the highway… I don’t think I’ll come back here again”. But oh boy was I wrong. Not only did the presentation of the food leave me speechless (which believe me doesn’t happen often) but the taste was so fabulous that I forgot all about the highway. With every bite, the noise just faded away. So let me tell you what I had. For starters, a mixed green salad with avocado and crunchy salmon, which I’m not sure how to describe, perhaps tempura salmon can give you an idea of what it was like. Then as a main course I had lasagna with courgette and aubergine, gratinated and aromatized with a touch of pesto… simply delicious. And for dessert, I had a thin layer of crispy biscuit with mascarpone and poached pear… sweet, light and yummy. So how much do you think this meal cost including a glass of wine and bread? Did I hear someone say €45? WRONG. This three course menu was just €16.50! It’s hard to believe but it’s true! They offer a different daily fixed menu but only for lunch. For dinner you can choose some really amazing looking dishes from their a la carte menu. I haven’t had the chance to try their a la carte menu yet but I’m really looking forward to it. Ah my husband just walked through the door… “Honey, I’m afraid I couldn’t prepare dinner tonight… the stove is ehh… broken… go out for dinner? … Well if you insist!”

Restaurant Rosmarino della Paizza, Centro Comercial Pinares de Elviria s/n, Malaga, Tel. 952 85 01 48

No comments:

Post a Comment