Friday, June 19, 2009

Restaurant Azúl Marino, Puerto Banús

I have never eaten in this restaurant and I never will. Keep reading and you’ll understand why. The following is based on a true story: In the land of Gucci, Prada, Lamborghinis and Ferraris also known as Puerto Banús, there is a restaurant called Azúl Marino. One day my friend decided to have lunch there with her friend. They sat outside on their cozy terrace, watching the parade of people go by, “oh look a Ferrari… oh look another Ferrari… Is that another Ferrari?”… I guess if you want to be unique you should drive by in a Seat Ibiza. Anyway, back to matters at hand. My friend wanted to treat herself so she ordered their overpriced lobster …. So here’s my question Azúl Marino, since when is the inside of a lobster brown? I mean was this a lobster with a tan? I really don’t understand why, but my friend didn’t want to ruin the atmosphere and so she said nothing about the damn lobster. To all you people who are always too nice, I say “don’t be so nice and tell the cook to stick it!” After all, you are paying for it, so you should expect something in return. But this is not where the story ends. To make matters worse, when my friend was about to leave the restaurant, the maître asked her if everything was ok. This is when my friend confessed that her lobster was indeed not so fresh, and that was putting it nicely. As a result, my friend was “fired” from the restaurant. The maître literally told her never to come back. Honestly people, this is not a joke. This really did happen. My friend spoke-out and now she is a “persona non grata” in this restaurant. Ouch… I wonder what the maître will do when he reads this blog?

Azúl Marino, Muelle Ribera, 14 E, Puerto Banús, Marbella, Málaga, Tel.: 952 81 10 44

No comments:

Post a Comment