Friday, May 8, 2009

Max Beach, Riviera del Sol


I had a wonderful lunch... but this wasn't it! Sorry Max Beach. Your restaurant looks fab both inside and out... but being squashed in between dozens of others tables like sardines in a can, is NOT my idea of a "chillax" lunch on the beach. And what about the menu? Since when did Spanish become the second language in Spain? Oh yes, I forgot we were in "Little England" a.k.a Riviera del Sol. The menu as far as I'm concerned is a little limited. We are on the beach and there are only two fish dishes? Fish & chips and salmon? Don't get me wrong, I love fish & chips and salmon. It's just that I expected something a little more creative. Anyway, I decided to try one of the salads, after all I wanted to be healthy and watch my waistline. It looked superb, no doubt about that... but I REALLY felt the million calories which were camouflaged into the salad with that heavy dressing. Why don't you offer us a selection of dressings? And your portions are HUMONGOUS! Seeing all those heavily loaded plates go by as I waited for my food made feel full before I even started. Careful Max Beach, quantity does not equal quality! The food is not bad but as far as I'm concerned it's just not all that...

Good, bad or neutral, post your comments and let us know what you think of Max Beach.

Riviera del Sol, KM 198, Tel: 952 932 780

2 comments:

  1. had a wonderful meal at max beach july 2010. I had max scallops,my wife a fillet steak and our 14/15 yr olds had 2 pizzas...all really superb. we moved to the bar area for drinks and watched the moon rise over the med. a wonderful gastro treat followed by great music in a glorious setting. Highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max beach a fabulous place we go at least one a month. The staff are fabulous and very professional bilingual and friendly. The setting is beautiful right on the beach. Love the beach bar and the owners always welcoming. The decor and style are very metro but homely. hopefully they will open the inside bar and stay open in the winter. Highly recommended for both the mature couple and young party people.

    ReplyDelete