Saturday, May 9, 2009

Venta Garcia, Casares


Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner… Venta Garcia! This restaurant as far as I’m concerned has all the right ingredients: good food, panoramic views, friendly staff and well priced. What more do we want? I've been there several times, which is always a good sign and more importantly it’s been good every single time. From the outside Venta Garcia looks like a typical little Spanish venta but don’t judge a book by its cover because inside you’ll find a fresh and modern interior, with huge windows overlooking the countryside. The food is simply delicious… I've tried their grilled vegetables, simple, fresh and healthy but for those of you who don’t mind the extra calories, their homemade pâté is “extraordinary”. I must confess I haven’t actually tried the pate myself because I don’t eat meat. That’s right people, I’m a vegetarian… but mind you, I have a VERY reliable source about anything meat related… my meat eating husband, and he really, REALLY loves Venta Garcia’s homemade pâté. As a main course, I can highly recommend their sea bass with pine nuts and capers, the combination of these three ingredients give this dish a very distinct taste. And for those of you who prefer meat, the fillet steak with foie gras, juicy, tender and tasty! And for dessert, you simply have to try their homemade apple crumble with vanilla ice-cream and whip cream… mmm I’m getting hungry just writing about it. So I say try Venta Garcia, just remember to make a reservation, that's right people, you need to reserve, especially if you want to eat there on a Sunday!

Share your opinions about Venta Garcia, don't be shy!

Road to Casares, MA-546, Tel: 952 89 41 91

6 comments:

  1. We also vistited Venta Garcia on our way back from the beautifull village Casares, and I definitely wish that we had discovered the restaurant earlier (on our vacation).

    We had our best meal there, the food was just great and the restaurant so cozy. Will go back asap:-) We had the tuna-kebab, ohh it was good:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it hola jesus gillian and andrew see you at easter if not before

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another one I can't find! MA-546 doesn't seem to be indexed on Google Maps. Can anyone help and post a Google Map link?! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when I was about to give up I found it! Here's a Google Map link to it http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=estepona&hl=en&ll=36.434889,-5.244197&spn=0.00066,0.001415&client=safari&hnear=Estepona,+Malaga,+Andalusia,+Spain&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=36.434889,-5.244197&panoid=40SbAQ9n5MpwqEZrpMsyfA&cbp=12,252.18,,0,6.06

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a better link http://tinyurl.com/ventagarcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent value for money ,good food ,good service ,lovely views ,the absolute best restaurant on the costa del sol .

    ReplyDelete